Tails from the Litterbox

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It's hard to believe he's gone


It's hard to believe Norwin is gone. I haven't seen him in 10 months, and he passed away this past saturday. I worked full time with him for a year and a half.
I went to the funeral... nobody should have to go to a funeral for a 15 yr old. I'll always remember his smile. It was hard work to get him to smile, but it was worth it when he did... His brothers made him smile the most, and his favorite T.V. show 'Little Bear' kept him riveted to the screen for 20 minutes every morning.
I'll never forget how he used to look up at me from his bed when I got him up every morning. He would stare at me so intensely for a few seconds, and then when he recognized me, he would just beam. Then I would spend the rest of the day trying to get his attention. Some days he would just sleep, some days he would enjoy a good play time. And we had many good talks... consisting of the words, "Goo, agoo!". That's all he was able to say, but it sure was cute. Ahh... memories.

needless to say, it was a very sad day. But he's okay now. I know he's with Jesus. I can just picture him being able to speak and walk... even run and jump. No more pain mister Norwin.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home