Tails from the Litterbox

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Two years, eh?

So, it's been two... count 'em, 2 years, since I've blogged. Wow. I think I stopped because there wasn't much to blog about. Sooo... I seem to have been doing some things lately on the more creative side and figure that I should blog about that instead of posting pictures of what I do on Facebook a million times a week.

For the record, just for the record not that I'm opening some kind of store... yet, I enjoy doing this kind of stuff... like lots, it makes me happy. If there's anything you think you want to have that I've made then it's probably for sale... or can be re-created somehow for you. That's the thing about making stuff, you're house will be full of it quickly if you don't find some way to out-source it.

I saw these slings for sale at a baby show last year and really wanted one but was thinking... "poo! I'm not paing 80 bucks for a piece of fabric to tie my baby to me with!" Well, with enough research on YouTube on how to tie them (and a LOT of practice in the mirror) and discount fabric bins at Len's Mill store this can be accomplished for WAY cheaper (like, way!). I'm really happy with this tie on wrap carrier (help me name it please), it's comfortable and seems to distribute the weight of the baby more evenly than other popular and expensive baby carriers which just plain hurt to wear. I had made a pouch sling when Silas was a baby and it just killed my back. He was big though, I haven't tried it with Eva yet. I don't have pictures of how the wrap looks from a distance but it's comfortable and Eva likes to kick her legs and sing as we walk... (i think she thinks she's walking!) So far I've only found the right kind of fabric is this baby poop yellow colour, I hope I can come across some blue or funky patterns soon.

Another thing I'm looking forward to doing is making new shirts out of old ones... hmm. Doing a new thing with an old thing? I'm onto a whole other theological topic now. Back on track... I suppose it's a fairly thrifty, green?? thing to do. A lot of Dan's shirts have cool pictures on them but, over time, the armpits get scared and run away from the rest of the shirt. I'm going to make some cool 'new' things out of them this week.. I hope. I made this shirt out of one of my old ones yesterday. I think it would suit someone shorter than me a lot better. Dan's grandma gave me some of her fabric scraps (thanks!) and I threw this together as I was playing with my new serger...

So this picture here on the right... I'm, first of all, posing like Napoleon Dynamite or something, "Take my picture real quick!" also, for those of you who harrass me for having kids and still finding time to do this kind of stuff... take a look at the mess behind me, that should give you some kind of satifaction... or drop by unnannounced, that will also satisfy you (like when I have to move the laundry off the couch so you can sit), also note that I'm having a fairly good hair day! (it's 'cause I got to wash AND dry it! Which is now a luxury that takes place maybe twice a week...)

Sometimes we need to do things that make us happy. I'm not saying that we should live in utter decay and squalor with sticky kids... ew! sticky kids! *gags*... I'm just saying that it's important, especially for those who have little children who may or may not be making them a little crazier every moment, (disclaimer: if you're really crazy, you should see a doctor) Anyway, it's important to do what you love and to take time to pray and take time to worship and to ask God to show you what He has created you to do and to willingly, and obediently walk in God's favour and watch in awe as His plan for your life is reavealed... Day by day...

I'm just sayin' that's more important than clean socks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home