Tails from the Litterbox

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A force to be reckoned with...

Silas is officially exactly 2 1/2 yrs old and has become mouthy this week. I think he's ticked that we had to leave grandma and grandpa Tractor's place after our weekend visit. He said, "I stay here!?"... most popular this week is, "Hey!! That's mine!"..(with a tantrum to follow, complete with floppiness and kicking) which, we all know, doesn't go over well with mother. I'm glad though that he is playing well with his sister and that they seem to truly enjoy each others company.

Anyway, I've put him in 'time-out' a few times in the past 2 days. It really seems to hurt his feelings, even though he's just sitting on a chair in the same room as us... I don't get it, but it works. There's also the counting... "I'm going to put you in time out" I say. Then I say, "don't make me count to 3!" Then I count, "1... 2... ..." and I have no clue what will happen when I get to 3. This also seems to work. I think it only works cause he's like, "Gee, mom looks serious.." and he's caught off guard and that's what makes it work.

I was never big on drama and I wish now that I had payed more attention or joined the club in high school because about 40% of my day with a toddler involves acting, pretending, and looking excited about stuff when I'm stinkin' exhausted...

On another note... Silas held a toy up to my face today and said, "See mommy? A big crap inside!" then he wanted me to pretend to drink out of it. After a bit of thinking and a few questions I realized that he was saying crab not crap... well he was saying crap, for sure, he just meant crab. It was so funny!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Lindsay said…

    I don't know why time out works, either. I can just tell Daefyd he is in time out and he walks over to the time out chair and sits there, regardless of how much he was previously freaking out. I think it is some sort of magical force given by God to parents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home